(c) Bob Thurber

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dancing into May!

Today is May Day, as well as the release date of Paperboy: A Dysfunctional Novel.

In rural regions of Germany, "May Day" or Walpurgisnacht celebrations are traditionally held the night before. The festivities include bonfires and the wrapping of maypoles; young people party all night, while the day itself is used by many to simply get some fresh air.

The German motto is : "Tanz in den Mai!"

Translation: "Dance into May!"

Honestly, for reasons that I won't go into here, I don't feel much like dancing today, though I think I could definitely use some fresh air. I'm thrilled to have my novel published. It's an event worth celebrating, but the last few months have been so ungodly rough that right now I feel caught somewhere between Boohoo and Whoop-dee-do!

But I'd be remiss, and an irresponsible author, if I didn't take the time to post on the release of my debut novel.

• There's an interview online at: Mourning Goats
• An excerpt at: EL's blog The Outlet
• A local press feature article at The Pawtucket Times
• Another article at The Sun Chronicle.
• And, though unrelated to the book, a new story at Cafe Irreal
A few other things forthcoming.

Please spread the word. And by all means buy the book. Odds are you've never read a novel quite like it. That's a criticism as well as an endorsement. And when you've finished reading it, let's talk.


Thank you all, sincerely, and have a great day.

Bob

*