(c) Bob Thurber

Friday, March 11, 2011

A reader's comments:

The reader of an advance copy of Paperboy: A Dysfunctional Novel recently sent me this note:

I finished Paperboy this morning, and I'm stunned.  There is so much beauty and ugliness in it.  Your writing, is that of a craftsman, an artist, and speaks of truths that few have the courage to admit.  The plight of your protagonist is heartbreaking and gut wrenching, so very sad and disturbing.  A loveless world (not that your novel is devoid of love) is a terribly horrific imagining, and for some an all too real existence.  Your story moved me, took me to places I didn't want to go, fought and tore at my insides like a panther attempting to claw his way free from my gullet.  Don't ever doubt your talents as a skilled practitioner of your art.  I bare witness to the excellence of your mastery.  Congratulations ...what a terrifying ride...what an amazing journey...you've left me weak in the knees.

(Posted with the permission of JMG. Thank you, sir.)